05 May 2009

He's Just Not That Into A Lady That Thinks Like A Man.....

I've been hearing a LOT about Steve Harvey's book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man. No, I haven't read it and I don't plan on it. I'm tired of hearing about my "cookie" and what Steve said to do. I think it's fine for those that read it and I'm sure it would give me some good tips, but I'm a skeptic.

Let's take it back a bit.....in 2005, Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo wrote a book called He's Just Not That Into You. I didn't read that one either....saw the movie though. I do know people that read it and they said that it was full of common sense. For example: If he doesn't return your call.....he's just not that into you. Duh! I don't need to pay $13 to know that! Those people that I know that read it, most are still single. This is a guide to give women things to look for when a guy is not interested.....okay.

Now back to Steve. I hear his book does give good tips, and I don't knock that, but I'm not going to live by this book. It may give me things to look for, but I think I can manage. I live my life by one Bible (the Holy one) and that's enough!

There is no set recipe on how to hook a man. Some things may work and some may not, so I don't need Steve, Greg, or Liz to tell me that I'm doing something wrong. I can do bad all by myself! LOL

Ladies - I may be wrong, but what do you think?? Should I read these books? Are there others? Has any of these books helped you hook a man?

Guys - What do you think about these types of books?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read it but my brother told me that his GF has and that she said it's a pretty good read...anywhoo...i really don't have the time to read for pleasure these days so in the whole relationship advise thing- I just do my best to treat my man well, respect him, trust him and love him- so far that's been working pretty well and I didn't have to pay a cent to get that advise, lol...About that book, "He's Just Not that Into you" chances are ladies...if you have to ask one of your girlfriends if THEY think that guy is playing you or if THEY think he's not into you- chances are- he isn't. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :0/ I do think however, that women give men toooo much credit for doing things they are SUPPOSED to do (call, answer calls,open doors, respect you, take you out, etc) and make it waayyy to easy for guys to do the wrong things (not call, not open doors, disrespect you, always want to come over instead of going out, etc)....OK, That was my comment...oh and before I end this I just want to say Heeeyyyyy Tandaccceeeeee, heyy giirrllll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Melisa. Women do allow men to get away with things that should be automatic. I am a firm believer in a man should court a woman. Call me old fashion...but if you let him slip in the beginning, you gotta settle for what you get in the end.
    As a person who has read both book, (well at least skimmed enough) "He's Just Not That Into You", was just dumb. It was common sense and made for girls who just have no clue! Like a middle school fun read. Steve Harvey's book is actual substance (keeping in mind that it is still only one man's perspective). A lot is common sense too, but you can take from it a male perspective that you never thought about. But let it also be known that no book can hook you anything! So take from them what you get, and use your own common knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sort of agree. I read "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man," and while it was full of common sense, sometimes it's just good to have that common sense repeated. It's kind of like how one person can tell you the same thing over and over again, but it takes someone else to say the same thing for it to hit home. Having said that, I have not read "He's Just Not That Into You," nor have I seen the movie - and I plan on keeping it that way. I mean, common sense SHOULD tell you that if he's not returning your calls, or making any type of contact, he does not want to be bothered. But some people don't get it.

    Great blog, Angel! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think any advice that makes sense, even if you've heard it before can never hurt. No I don't think anyone should swear by them if it doesn't help them, but there are some people that NEED stuff like this to get by. I did read the book and even though I have a man already for almost 2 years, it did make me understand men a little better. Luckily, I didn't stray off the trail too much i.e. giving my man requirements (b/c I surely did, LOL) - so I was glad that the advice in the book made sense and I wasn't too far from what was suggested. All in all, if you have common sense and good self esteem, you already know not to go for the Okey-Doke BS...but even an educated woman can lose her head in this game from time to time...myself included. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Favorite. I agree with both people above me. This stuff is all common sense. we all ( me included) need to think about and take off the blinders. I live by this quote, "see things for what they are and not what you want them to be" (h. riley).

    ReplyDelete