03 June 2009

GO GREEN!!!!


Welcome to a new era...The Green Era. Everything on TV, in ads, and just about everywhere else is about saving the environment and decreasing your carbon footprint. I'm all for doing my part and recycling and all, but there is one think I really don't want to recycle...........MEN!! Yes, I said it. I'm not mad if you do (because I have done so in the past), but it's just not for me anymore.

It seems that many guys that I've dated/gone out with/talked to in the past are around me today. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because I love people and keep my friends. All of a sudden, these throwbacks want to be serious and date exclusively. Where were you years ago when I liked you!?!?! Were you NOT standing right there when I let it be known that I liked you?? Geez!

I'm at a new place in my life. I have a new career, community service projects I'm working on, saving to make that "big purchase".....stuff like that. I'm not looking down on anyone, but I'm not at the same place I was back then. Maybe they've grown too, but I've moved on. I'm happy to be a friend, but that's about it.

My questions for you: Have you recycled any men/women you dated? How did it work out? Would you recommend it to others?

2 comments:

  1. I wouldnt recommend recycling men/woman. I do believe in second chances but it would have to be the perfect situation to have a second run at things with someone. I have recycled two people in my life, neither worked out. The most recent one was someone that I dated in college and we remained friends since. Well neither of us were dating anyone for a while so we went on a date, she stayed at the house, and bc I was just curious I made a move and I was successful. We hung out for about a month, pretty much just having sex and then she caught feelings and I didnt see her in that light anymore. She on the other hand was trying to bun me and it wasnt happening. So to end this I just repeat, say no to recycling people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recycled someone I've dated. Shoot... I'm married to him. Those were special circumstances but all the right things were present. We had both grown individually and were ready to grow together.

    Having said that, I kind of feel like in some cases, trying out the relationship later down the line is a better bet. You get to see what kind of changes the person has made ( if any) for the better... or if theyre still doing that same triflin, tired, stupid, crazy stuff they were doing before.

    I would say play it by ear. If you were THAT into them then that you think they may just be a better person now, then give it a shot. FOrtunately, a good way to learn this is by having a FRIENDLY dinner. If it doesnt work out, then you'd have at least gotten a good meal out of it and some decent (hopefully) conversation.

    But I wouldnt insist to anyone that my situation with marrying my rinse and reuse guy will easily happen under normal circumstances. Youve got good judgement... just play it by ear. Let your instincts lead you

    ReplyDelete