12 January 2010

So it's 2010....






HAPPY NEW YEAR people!!!!!! I hope you all had a safe, wonderful holiday. Mine was pretty chill. I got to see some old friends I hadn't seen in awhile...always a great time. Hard to believe that it's 2010. That means that my 10-year class reunion is on the horizon....yikes! It still baffles me that I graduated 10 years ago....wow.

The new year usually brings new change. This is the time of year where gyms get a lot more crowded, and you see more people jogging around the neighborhood...yes people are trying to stick to their infamous resolution!!

I used to make resolutions once upon a time, but I never stuck to them. I don't think now is any different. My Facebook was blowing up with statuses of people who promised to clean out friends' lists, cut off people who didn't bring positivity to thier lives, and to not deal with the samae BS. My question is this....why wait for a new year to do that? Do you actually call people and tell them "You have until December 31st to act right, or else you're cut off!" Or do you just stop dealing with a person, ignore their calls and whatnot when the new year hits? I never understood that.

Stuff like not dealing with BS and ridding your life of negativity should be an ongoing process. Who wants to deal with that crap? Not me! So at any time, a person is liable to get cut off for whatever reason. So with that, I don't believe in resolutions. I know I'm not going to the gym more. I know I need to and I'll work on that, but I'm not committing to going quite yet.

With that, I leave you with my GOALS for 2010:

#1: To be the best me I can be!! This means working on myself mentally, physically, and of course emotionally. I'm trying to work on this because I want to be a good example for my family and Girl Scouts.

#2: To leave settling to Pilgrims (Check my homegirl's article on that here) This is pretty much self-explanatory.

#3: To get over my fear and start house hunting! Yes, this seems small to some, but I really got anxiety at one point lol. I think I'm over it now.

What are you 2010 goals? Do you believe in resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment